Pictured above: taking some time to myself connecting to nature in Oregon State, 2001.
A little about me:
I have a lifetime of practical education with over 20 years professional training and application. Working with human guardians & their animal companions is my lifelong passion, then to include natural elements into our sessions - is just the proverbial 'cherry on top!' I am after all, a proud and respectful TREE HUGGER!! Together we create a sacred space of healing, release and connection.
An area of specialized focus, is in canine assistance with illness, pre/post-surgery rehabilitation & 'end of life' compassionate touch & acceptance. My skills are vast with a focus not only on the extreme benefits of regular professional and personally focused massage sessions, but I pull from an extensive skill set within the Eastern Modalities: Acupressure, Reflexology & Shiatsu (ROM) to enhance your holistic success.
I also work with Myofascial Release and Cranial Sacral touch, both amazing experiences. I am specially trained in geriatric and 'getting older' body issues. And you can trust me, as a middle aged person myself - I'm fully aware of the 'treats' life has in store for our bodies as we mature. Together we can honor that process both inside and out - mind, body and spirit.
I am an award winning & published author, with 3 books of poetry & prose (many about our animal friends) available, with a 4th 'semi auto biographical' book coming soon!
Living in the Zen state of 'constant beginning' am always working on new skills with yearly continued education courses in a variety of modalities and topics - all geared toward the most rewarding client experience, no matter human, animal, plant or space. Honest and professionally trained energy work is like NOTHING else you can experience!
I believe that to truly experience lasting shifts in our internal and external energies - it takes us working TOGETHER to achieve meditative release and give you a new set of coping skills to use through out your daily journey.
I look SO forward to us [ your animal companions too!] working together.
Human Massage & Eastern Technique Specialist, LMT - NVMT.5808 - 2020
Small & Large Animal Massage, CSLAM
Certified 'Comfort Touch: Massage for Elderly & Ill/Hospice' Practitioner, CCTP
Certified Crystal Reiki Practitioner, CCRP
Certified Yoga Teacher Training, CYT-250
Double Certified Usui/Chakara Reiki Do Master, RMT
Certified Chakra Therapist, CCT
Certified Transformation Meditation Teacher, TMT
Supervisor, 'Savers Thrift Store', FES, Las Vegas, NV.
TA/Substitute Teacher, 'Nevada School of Massage Therapy', Las Vegas, NV.
Assistant Medical Director, Intensive Care Unit/Abuse Care, 'NSPCA', Las Vegas, NV.
Certified Chiropractic Assistant, 'Namaste Chiropractic' Holistic Healing, Portland, OR.
Teacher/TA, 'Northwest School of Animal Massage', Seattle, WA.
Additional Tools in my Box:
Massage, Intuitive touch, Relaxation and Tension release a focus.
Master Reiki, Energy Work, Psychic Senses
Animal Totems/Guides in Physical/Spirit
Human Guides from Spirit
Intuitive Body Movement for Self-Connection
Yoga, Yin/Yang, Reflective Movement and & Yoga [Kids & Seniors too!]
Meditation, Reflective, Connective & Self Empowerment
Qi Gong, Body Movement, Self-Connection/Freeing up Stagnation
Chakra Therapy, colors, sounds clearing, reading, release, etc.
Vibrational Therapy, tuning forks, drums, rattles, etc.
A FEW OF MY FAVORITE PHOTOS TRAINING, WORKING & ENJOYING LIFE
WITH PEOPLE & ANIMALS I AM INSPIRED BY DAILY!
Click on any picture to make it bigger!! Peace.
Louise L Hay (Author, Hay House Founder) - NWSAM Large Animal Graduating Class including Lola Michelin, Founder/Owner) http://NWSAM.com - Linda Blair & my beloved Lloyd - Linda Blair in Portland, OR., during my time assisting her with her book release of "Going Vegan!" (an amazing book!) plus founder of http://lindablairworldheart.org (an amazing canine rescue)
John Holland (Author, Medium) - Dean Evenson (Composer) - Friend on Oregon Coast, with a close up! Neighbors dog I couldn't help but work on.
Friend at NSPCA - NWSAM teaching Staff - Travis Walton (Author) - LAMP Class with NWSAM (Large Animal Massage)
Abandoned Friend at NSPCA workin in ICU - James Van Praagh (Author, Medium) - Dr. Steven Farmer (Author, Shaman) - Friend named Will in Utah
Friend in Seattle at NWSAM - Beloved Angel Chico - Chief Lelooska, WA. State (huge inspiration) - John Edward (Author, Medium) - Char Margolis (Author, Medium) and with childhood hero, Christopher Atkins (Actor)
Lisa Williams (Author, Medium) - Special clients! - Student Speaker Graduation from NSMT (human massage license) - Childhood heroes Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo (dream come true!) as well as with Hal Sparks (Speaker, Actor)
Timber Hawkeye (Author, Buddhist Boot Camp) - Temple Las Vegas Nevada X2 - ZEN Center of Las Vegas Induction Ceremony Gr
Happy to say MORE TO COME!!
So eternally grateful for all these interactions.
My life continues to grow because of each one of you!!
IAAMB: International Association of Animal Massage & Bodywork:
CODE OF ETHICS/PLEDGE
1. Demonstrates commitment to provide the highest quality massage therapy/bodywork to those who seek our professional service.
2. Acknowledges the inherent worth and individuality of each person by not discriminating or behaving in any prejudicial manner with clients and/or colleagues.
3. Demonstrates professional excellence through regular self assessment of strengths, limitations, and effectiveness by continued education and training.
4. Acknowledges the confidential nature of the professional relationship with clients and respect each client's right to privacy.
5. Conducts all business and professional activities within their scopes of practice, the laws of the land, and projects a professional image.
6. Accepts responsibility to do no harm to the physical, mental and emotional well being of self, animal clients, their caregivers and associates.
7. Maintains a sincere commitment to provide the highest quality of care to those who seek your professional services.
8. Represents qualifications honestly, including education and professional affiliations, and provides only those services that you are qualified to perform.
9. Accurately informs clients, other health care practitioners, and the public to the scope and limitations of their discipline.
10. Acknowledges the limitations of and contraindictions for massage and bodywork and refers clients to appropriate health professionals.
11. Provides treatment only where there is reasonable expectation that it will be advantageous to the client.
12. Conducts all business and professional activities with honesty and integrity, and respects the inherent worth of all persons and animals.
13. Practices honesty in advertising.
14. Promotes services ethically and in good taste, and practice and/or advertise only those techniques adequate training and/or certification.
15. Refuses to make false claims regarding the potential benefits of the techniques rendered. It is unethical to guarantee a cure.
16. Safeguards the confidentiality of all client information, unless disclosure is requested by the client in writing, is medically necessary, is required by law, or necessary for the protection of the public.
17. Respects the client’s right to refuse, modify or terminate treatment regardless of prior consent given.
18. Avoids any interest, activity or influence which might be in conflict with the practitioner’s obligation to act in the best interests of the client or the profession.
19. Refuses any gifts or benefits that are intended to influence a referral, decision or treatment, or that are purely for personal gain and not for the good of the client.
20. Refrains from the use of any mind-altering drugs, alcohol, or intoxicants prior to or during professional sessions.
21. Dresses in a professional manner, proper dress being defined as attire suitable and consistent with accepted business and professional practice.
22. Actively participates in educating the public regarding the benefits of animal massage and bodywork.
23. Follows the IAAMB Standards of Practice, this Code of Ethics.
All photos copyright Ren Matney 2019
IAAMB Logos & Pledge used with permission.
Chief Lelooska photo from internet, no infringement intended.
Rocket Meme made with App using stock photo.
Not to be used without permission.